Frequently Asked Questions

Here are our most commonly asked questions

During our office hours, you should contact us immediately on 0330 223 3060. If you have an emergency outside our normal hours, then you should contact Scottish Water's emergency helpine on 0345 600 8855.

If you have noticed a higher than usual level of water consumption, this could be due to a change in your water usage, a burst mains pipe or meter or you may be on a shared supply with another property. Our team can help you on this matter, simply call us on 0330 223 3060.

Just like with your Gas or Electricity supply, you pay for the amount of water consumed and the services involved with this, such as delivering clean and treated water that is safe to consume for humans.

In most cases, you pay for drainage because of the costs incurred to transfer sewerage and waste water away from your property. This cost includes the correct and safe treatment and disposal of the waste and sewerage to ensure that it does not impact on the environment.

A good way of testing a problem with your water supply is to turn it off at the stop tap within the property. You can then look at the meter and identify if it is still registering consumption. If this is the case then this may be identifying a leak somewhere in the network.

Another good way of checking if there may be an issue is to take a meter reading at close of business, then another first thing before you open to identify what consumption has been used (if any) throughout the closed period. This may not work as well if you have heating that uses a water supply and is on a timer.

We can get started straight away with just a Supply Point ID or SPID. This will be located on your current providers most recent bill. This is all we need to start the ball rolling or in our case, the water running.

If something hasn't gone right, we would love to hear from you first to see if we can resolve this. If you still wish to leave, then you simply need to contact our team on 0330 223 3060 to request the cancellation of your contract.

Please be aware that depending on any discounts taken, specific offers or remaining contract period, you may need to pay a fee in order to cancel your fixed term contract. This will be discussed by our team when you speak with us.

We are sorry that you need to raise a complaint with us.

If you wish to raise a complaint to us, you can do so by visiting here.

We've made it really easy for you to access and manage your account online with the introduction of My Hub.

My Hub allows you to access your bills, make meter readings, update your payment information and much more.

To get started, click here to login. You will need your BBW account number (You can find this on your most recent bill and it looks like this: BBW8350000) and the password we sent you when you joined us. If you don't have any of these details, please use the forgot password service available here.

Landlord accounts work in the same was as a normal account except they can be marked as vacant. When the account is marked as vacant, consumption isn't billed. As soon as you notify us that a tenant has entered the property, we setup a linked account and bill your new tenant if they choose to stay with Bluewater. As a landlord, you cannot impose a chosen or favoured water company on your tenant, this is their decision.

This can be done in a number of ways.

You can submit new meter readings from your online account here.
You can call us and tell us over the phone on 0330 223 30 60.
You can wait for our meter reading company to visit your property. This is done on a regular cycle.

Like most websites Bluewater uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close

Blue Business Water Limited, Bluewater House, Burton Row, Highbridge, TA9 4BY, Company no. 09093287 Registered in England and Wales, VAT No. 194402802